E-Sushi of Chattanooga


I find it rare to enjoy a restaurant a much as I enjoyed E-Sushi. Because of this restaurant I can officially say that I love Asian food. I went there with some friends (who provided me with these cool pictures) and they also found the place an exciting new adventure.
Located in Chattanooga this eatery has an inside portion and an outside portion. The outside portion, on a balcony of the second floor, provides a view of Chattanooga’s grandeur. The inside was amazingly stylish with a comfortably dark and glossy overtone to the interior. Our table was situated behind a wide waterfall that separated our section from the rest of the restaurant.
When the waitress waited our table she was enthusiastic, for it was the restaurants opening week. Each page was laminated and bordered with leather, and the entire menu was leather bound. This made each of them very heavy (for a menu at least) and with the size of our group had a considerable net weight.  The menus were enormous with about ten pages packed with different foods. There were easily over a hundred different items, and being all Asian food I had little idea of what I should get. Something Asian of course! And what is as non-american as some Octopus?
Calamari
                The calamari salad shown to the right was wonderful. The calamari had some chili sauce rubbed into it (giving it the orange color) gave it a tang that I found appealing. This was my first time eating Calamari and found the rubberiness of it intriguing. The tangy calamari was mixed with radish, onion (I think it was onion), some celery, and a few other vegetables. The mixture was yummy and was easy to eat with chopsticks.


                  It was great when the food came because it came one platter at a time so that one platter isn't losing its warmth while you are chowing on another. The dishes were interesting because of the oriental designs and unusual shapes. The bowl that this Calamari came in was slightly slanted, for what reason I cannot fathom. The chopsticks were way more fun to use than a fork or spoon.


















                           The green tea came in a hot kettle which looks pretty cool to me. The inside still had the leaves and filter still steaming. The leaves weren't so tasty to eat, but they did make a good cup of hot tea. In the corner of the picture you can see the dipping sauce dish full of superb sweet and sour sauce.  Dipping the calamari in it was like two Gods clashing on my tongue, epically tasty.







Unagi, another name for grilled Eel, tasted like fish. I dislike fish so I am unable to give a real opinion of it. The rice underneath and the sweet and sour sauce were still mouth-wateringly tasty though. (My mouth is watering just writing about it)

California rolls are great and the restaurants presentation is simple but shows enough to make one hungry. Once again the restaurants dishes are interesting. The sharp and rounded corners are combined with rows to make a piece of art.
The bill was low for such a satisfying meal with each section costing about five dollars, but I was insanely astounded by the taste of the meal and the service that I tipped the waitress almost as much as the food bill.
My friends had many odd foods that caught my interest and that I figured deserved to be in this article.








Mushroom Soup
Blue Crab Rolls












Spring Rolls
Seafood Soup

Grilled Salmon Rolls
Sesame Chicken With Rice


Singapore Noodles
A special thanks to my friends Daniel, Corey, Nic, and Richard Hawkins for the photography and sharing this grand experience at E-Sushi.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Post thank you for the information and insight.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment here on how awesome this post was! Then share it so your friends can see your comment too!